First and foremost and inhabitant of a quiet corner but a stone's throw from the largely undiscovered Lincolnshire Wolds, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
After years spent as a software dev, I'm now fully recovered, and have turned my hand to being a certified test/QA engineer.
When there is free time from the family, the Open University and work, I like to indulge in running, getting my fingers burnt with electronics, taking part in amateur astronomy or observing the weather.
I also love getting high, so to speak. Walking on Goat Fell in Arran, if you wondered.
Whilst all the content is my own, I owe a debt of gratitude to many others for everything else:
- Related Posts
- In order to manage related posts I am using related_posts plugin written by Talha Mansoor.
- Google Sitemaps
- Generating Google sitemaps is done automatically on build using the sitemap plugin written by Vincent Prouillet.
- The post summaries are managed by the summary plugin, created by Elmer de Looff.
- Math Render
- Project pages are kept linked together in series with Leonardo Giordani's very useful Series plugin.
- Tag Cloud
- As of version 3.6, Pelican's tag clouds are now rendered by a separate plugin created by Lukas Winkler.
- Tipue Search
- The search function on this site uses the tipue_search plugin written by Talha Mansoor.
- Show Source
- A plugin developed by me, and written about here to enable the source of posts to be viewed.
I've since moved on from using Vagrant and am now using a Docker machine, specifically an image I have created myself (chrisramsay/docker-pelican), to run a Python environment and a customised Fabric script to manage the whole author/build/publish process.